Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A drop in the ocean

You told me not to cry when you were gone.

It's crazy that I was basically punished for the exact same thing she was guilty of. Just because I was done convincing you I was worth it.
I wasn't going to sell myself to you. Not like she did. I'm not going to stroke your ego just to spend time with you. That means nothing.

You say you've stopped being friends with her.

I'm sure you mean it now. But I've heard it before.
That's one of your problems. You're so open minded you can't hold a decision.
And I know her too.
She's not giving you up this easily. She thinks she's giving you space now. And then the semester will be back to how it was. She'll start following you around like a lost puppy again.

Maybe it will.

You choose her. You reached out to me after you failed. That's not good enough. I don't care if I'm the one that knows you're allergic to Greek yogurt and you don't like ginger. That your favorite roast of coffee is Colombian. That your parents woke you up in the middle night when you were five and surprised you by leaving for Disney.

You chose already.

I'm your friend.

Welcome to square one. Square two is baggage claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment