Monday, August 10, 2015

Holding out

Today is your birthday.
My plan was to text you at midnight. About your mug. But there was a change of plans.

Because you texted me.

In the middle of yesterday afternoon.

About politics.

What.

I gave it to you straight tho. 😏
"Are you asking because you're bored, you're trying to prove a point or because you actually value my opinion"

You choose the right answer.

We talked about it, and about my kids in my class. And about school.

I sent you my pithy birthday wish around 10:30 because I was tired.

You ignored it. How like you.

But you said Night.

We haven't said goodnight since before the fallout.
I may have freaked.

And there was today. We're still talking now and you're being open again. And consoling my frustration from bad grades.

And my heart is thawing but I don't want it to.

I don't want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment