Friday, August 7, 2015

The best advice giver

I give advice. A lot. I seek people out when I know something's up. It's not that I intend to advise them, I just usually end up doing it. I've been involved in several relationships this summer but I'm tired of giving everyone else advice. I'm not tired of them, or their problems...No, I love it.

I just want to advise my own relationship.

I thought I was ok. It comes back and laps at my ankles. Calling me back down.

Like the time you said someone cut their hair like mine to attract guys like you.

Yeah you actually said that and want me to believe I was friend zoned the whole time. K says you're in  denial. I don't know what to think.

I know what my gut tells me. What it's told me the whole time. Even while we were happy.

You're scared. You're afraid of commitment. Of a real relationship. And I get that. I'm scared too.

But just because you're scared doesn't mean that you can pretend it was never there. Doesn't mean you can talk yourself out of your feelings until you've convinced yourself and then try to sell me that lie.

That's what hurts. The fact that you won't come clean.

Who cares. She'll reinforce that delusion and then we're nowhere.

When she says those words that hurt you will you read the ones I wrote you.

Or remember when you tried to tell me I looked pretty in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment