Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Our Song

My Pandora played our song today: Rather Be. It wasn't really "our song," because there never really was an us. But it was a song that was special to us, and you may not think I noticed (trust me--I always notice). I remember walking down Varsity Terrace. I was sad because I thought I was going to lose you (but you didn't know that yet. all you knew was that I was sad).

You asked me if I was ok for about the fifteenth time that day. Of course I said I was. What else could I say?

You Stopped. The whole group stopped to watch us, surprised.

"No, you aren't. What's wrong?"

I couldn't talk about it. You hummed Rather Be.

That's why it's our song. You always hummed or sang it when I was upset. I don't believe for a second that you didn't know what you were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment