Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Twitter

I was walking through Kroger, looking at mangoes. My phone buzzed, and I checked it.
You followed me on Twitter.
Which honestly sounds like a crazy thing to flip over.
But you don't use your Twitter. Ever. You didn't know that I followed you nearly a year ago because you never even logged in.
And then you chose to follow me. Like I know you thought about it.
I'm still standing in Kroger. Frozen.
I can't even process what the mangoes look like. I ended up buying bananas I didn't even want because I already had an open produce bag.
What were my most recent tweets?
How far would he go back?
Would he see the way I acted with the entp account? What would be his deduction?
Would he find a vague tweet about him?
Would he think I was pathetic?
What will I tweet next?
Is he going to pay attention to anything I tweet?
Is this a test?
I basically shook all the rest of the way through Kroger. Couldn't remember what I needed.
Sat in the car and stared at the notification. Picked through your profile again. Read the tweet you posted right when you followed me about how you still didn't like Twitter.
Thought of 4697317905 things I could tweet.
I put my earbuds in, blasted my Pandora and drove home. Sara B.'s gonna get over you is great. I smiled because I knew three things.
1. I still really do love you
2. I'm not going to tweet any different because of this
3. Somehow my life is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment