Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Paying my dues to the dirt

If you love somebody, better tell them while they're here, cause, they might just run away from you.

I found vines you did last year. I missed your voice so bad I didn't know it.

M is riding down with me to school. We were talking logistics.

You were supposed to road trip with me.

I must have imagined it a thousand times. And I imagined the part where I'd drop you off with your family and meet them again. Imagine their concern at the rest of the drive I had. Maybe even there'd be a standing offer for me to stop and stay if I'm driving through.

I imagined telling stories in the car. Getting closer. Lots of laughing and silly arguments. A good philosophical debate. Singing along to our favorite songs. Planning our futures.

I wanted to have that with you.

Instead I'm spending my time figuring out what I'm going to text you on your birthday. I committed to that text.

Oh, how am I gonna get over you?
I'll be all right.
Just not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment