Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We're Mad

"We're Mad! I don't know what we're mad about, but we're mad!"'

I just found that in my twitter timeline. February 4th.

I think I was mothering one of the boys, or someone. Maybe even K. I just know you weren't completely listening, and I was just starting to tear into someone. I think it was K, pushing her health against my advice. She laughed at you. We both did.

It was the first time you referred to us as a unit.

And in that moment, I was happy.

I remember telling L. She had been having that look on her face for weeks...you know, that "YOU LOVE HIM" face. We were getting in my car when I told her. She smoothed it under her breath so if I didn't want to hear her we could both pretend I didn't.

"Y'all are so cute together."


But I wanted to hear her.

No comments:

Post a Comment